Flash Mobs and Shabbat Dinner are phrases that don’t usually go together. But, Seattle has such an experience more than 10 times a year. The Shabbat Dinner Crowd is an email list that people join to host and attend Shabbat Dinners at people’s houses. Its tagline is that it is a “Flash Mob Shabbat Dinner Experience” The rules are simple:
- Dress code is casual. Jeans are recommended
- Dinners start at 7:30 PM.
- Bring two dishes to share — an entree and a side — at least enough to feed your family plus a couple of other folks
- Desserts are left to the imagination of the attendees. If you have a dessert you’d like to share, bring it.
- Please respond to the entire list to indicate that you are going to attend.
- Most important – come over and have a good time!
We’ve been a number of times over the years — the dinners are fun and a great way to meet new people. Bellevue’s Jeffrey Kay started it and maintains the list. He’s always looking for new hosts and attendees — you can join the list by clicking here.Read More